Building vibrant and tolerant democracies
The main goal of the project is to provide institutional support to three local community newspapers to provide alternative information that contains local content that will inform and empower local citizens
This projects aims to provide continued institutional support to(3 community newspapers, 2 in Luanda (Cazenga and Cacuaco municipalities) and 1 in Huambo provinces to enable them continue reporting and publish local news and information that relates to the political, social and economic life in the communities, thus providing an alternative source of information.
This project will run from July 2011 to December 2012 and aims to:
• Support the quarterly production of the 3 community newspapers;
• Improve the quality of information of the newspapers as to reflect and include local content;
• Keep local citizens informed about community issues;
• Raise community and citizen awareness oflocal social, economic and political issues, including issues related to poverty, social inequalities, local governance, HIV/AIDS, human rights, rights of minority and indigenous groups;
• Empower and mobilise citizens to demand improved local governance in terms of service delivery and accountability; and
• Diversify sources of information.