Joburg Radio Days, an annual international radio conference, hosted by Wits Radio Academy (WRA) will take place this year from July 3rd to 5th at Wits University in Johannesburg - and the programme promises to be bigger and better than before, with top South African and overseas speakers.
There will be sessions of interest to commercial radio, public and community radio; to producers, managers, marketers, editors, DJs; veterans and newbies - anybody with a passion for radio!
Topics this year will include:
- Using Social Media to Build Audience
- The Innovative Radio Newsroom
- The Talent Pipeline
- The Technical Future
- Pop-up Stations
- How to Tweet a Revolution
- New Music Platforms
- Online Radio Pioneers
- The National Community Radio Forum’s 20th birthday – what’s been achieved?
- Radio Stories from Australia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, DRC etc
- History, Regulation, Rams, etc etc
What will also be a draw card for this year’s edition will be the launch of the OSISA commissioned Healthy Community Radio Station handbook. This handbook is the culmination of the training programme that the WRA has been running with community stations over the past few years with the support from OSISA.