Programme Support Officer: Economic & Social Justice Cluster
The Programme Support Officer will be responsible for contributing and supporting programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, measuring of programme impact. They will also help with learning, reporting, review of grant proposals and communication on matters related to grant-impact matters.
Deadline: June 8th, 2018
Deadline: June 8th, 2018
Deadline: June 22nd, 2018
OSISA is a growing African institution committed to deepening democracy, protecting human rights and enhancing good governance in the region. It‘s vision is to promote and sustain the ideals, values, institutions and practices of open society, with the aim of establishing vibrant and tolerant southern African democracies in which people, free from material and other deprivation, understand their rights and responsibilities and participate actively in all spheres of life.
In pursuance of this vision, OSISA‘s mission is to initiate and support programmes working towards open society ideals and to advocate for these ideals in southern Africa. Established in 1997, OSISA works in 10 southern Africa countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe. OSISA works differently in each of these ten countries, according to local conditions.
OSISA seeks to recruit for the following key position: Programme Support Officer: Economic & Social Justice Cluster
The Programme Support Officer will be responsible for contributing and supporting programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, measuring of programme impact. They will also help with learning, reporting, review of grant proposals and communication on matters related to grant-impact matters. The role will input into programme budgets, management of workshops, seminars. The PSO will promote an environment that prioritizes continuous inquiry, learning, and knowledge sharing to ensure consistent standards of excellence in the cluster. The PSO will assist on matters related to programme impact and learning assessment. They will support the team leaders in building relationships with strategic partners and ensures adherence to policies and procedures. The jobholder oversees the development and implementation of the Learning and Assessment programme's work plans as well as the budget.
- Supporting the Team Leaders in tracking identifying programming opportunities in the region aligned to the OSISA strategy as well as in systematic coordination and implementation of the cluster work plans.
- Supports the Cluster to develop the strategy, work plan and budget.
- Assist in production of quarterly cluster reports.
- Provide technical support to the Cluster for the implementation of the programme portfolio including development of programme strategies, budgets and work plans.
- Assists with the preparation of presentations for conferences and meetings on the nature and impact of Cluster work.
- Assists with data collection and analysis to inform programming and strategy review.
- Provides support for programme dissemination activities.
- Provides professional feedback on Cluster work Team Leader with reports on all existing grants on a quarterly basis.
- Support the team leader in consolidating cluster spend.
- Reviews and assesses narrative and financial reports provided by grantees and making recommendations for action to the Team Leader.
- Monitor trends in the region and inform cluster on key trends and development and lessons learnt.
Reporting and Knowledge Management
- Generate relevant reports to inform effective programme and grant making.
- Assist team leader in strategy design and drawing lessons from our programming and the field.
Support and Co-operate, Interpersonal Skills, Attention to Detail, Ability to Work Independently or in Multiple Teams, and the Ability to Deliver on Multiple Tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, Humanities, Law.
- Good analytical skills and experience in grant making are key.
- At least five years’ experience working in a monitoring, learning and evaluation role.
- Experience, understanding and appreciation of NGO civil society sector is critical.
Interested applicants should forward a one-page cover letter and detailed CV to email@example.com with the relevant position as the subject heading.
Closing date for submission is 08 June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response.
OSISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Building vibrant and tolerant democracies.